Friday, December 18, 2009

The Human League!

I've been revisiting the discographies of lots of 80s bands who only had one or two big chart toppers. So since I've always liked the song "Don't you want me" by the Human League I decided to listen to large chunks of their discography and was pleasantly surprised to find some great synth-pop whose influence I can definitely hear in lots of other artists.

Here are a few good Human League songs to add to your libraries:

-The Obligatory "Don't you want me"


-The slightly less popular but just as infectious "Things that dreams are made of" (which was actually sampled in Digitalism's twenty minute long, collage/dj set of electronic songs "Kitsune Tabloid".


-"Love Action (I Believe in Love)"


-The super-catchy yet morose "Life on your own"

No comments:

Post a Comment