Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Major Tom returns to Earth

It's pointless for me to repeat the news that I'm sure you already heard from a million different sources, yesterday, but I shall anyway. Yes, it's true, David Bowie is back. Well, at least he's kind of back. Bowie released a brand new song/video called "Where Are We Now?". The true news here is that the song is a single off of an upcoming album, expected to drop in March. Bowie's latest track is a calm, serene piano number complete with a cool, detached, pop-standard delivery. His voice sounds decent and I can't say he looks terribly happy in the video, but he's singing and there's an album. I can work through everything else, given that wonderful news.

The burning question that I have, though, is, whether or not there will be a supporting tour. He suffered a heart-attack in 2003, in the midst of touring, so I certainly won't hold it against him if he decides not to, but just think, he might TOUR again. There are no other living artists I can think of that I would rather cross off my bucket list, than David Bowie.

We need to cross our collective fingers and pray to the glam gods and hope that Mr. Bowie, health permitting, of course, decides to tour again. I have a 9-5 job now, and that includes personal days. I will fly wherever, to see this man perform. This needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment