Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Jandek quitely announces 6 pm Sunday gig

I only found out about this two days ago via an unceremonious email from Sugar Hill studios' Andy Bradely. But, really, finding out this way, as opposed to the usual Facebook notification or listing on Space City Rock, seems more appropriate, given the cryptic nature of the enigma that is Jandek.

Mr. Bradley kindly gave me the following information:

"JANDEK CONCERT
SUNDAY MARCH 10th 6PM
AT: ST. PAUL'S METHODIST CHURCH
CORNER OF MAIN STREET AND BINZ in the MUSEUM DISTRICT

FEATURING:
JANDEK-keyboard
Erich Avinger-Space guitar and bansuri flutes
Max Dyer-cello
Isabelle Ganz-vocals
Mary Radspinner-harp
James Metcalfe-percussion" 


When I asked how much it would be to attend, he wrote me, "ten bucks." I hope to see some of you there.

PS If anyone has any idea what a "space guitar" is, would you be so kind to send me an answer by email? It sounds intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment