Friday, May 14, 2010

Ozzy Osbourne to realease new album

You can already pre-order it on iTunes; I'm way excited about Ozzy's latest offering Scream. I'm not at all into new metal but I've always loved bands like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple and Ozzy's stuff always remains grounded in an older, or at least 80s, hard rock tradition rather than the annoyingly, overwrought, self-indulgent, crap-metal, like Dream Theater or Avenged Sevenfold. The lyrics and style remain hard rock rather than the "I-take-myself-more-seriously-than-the-son-of God" metal style where everything must be "epic" and dramatic to the point of idiocy. Speaking of which, Dio died in my current city of Houston on Sunday and even though I hate his music when it's played for any other reason than parody, I do hope he rests peacefully and that he repented, before he died, for ruining Black Sabbath. I hope Ozzy follows this new album up with a tour. I'm sure he's a fucking bad ass on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment