Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Post-Punk DJ I Shall Be

My friend (and brilliant IDM artist) Pulse Rifle is setting up a weekly music showcase here in Houston and you are all invited. I will be DJing for the first time in my life but all I'll really be doing is playing a bunch of music I hope you've never heard and pray you're impressed by my selection.
I can promise that I will triumph over my music blogger tendencies and fight urges to play selections off of Pet Sounds or three hour Phillip Glass recordings.

The playlist I've compiled will be (surprised looks and spit-takes all around) composed mostly of post-punk songs each of which I hope has a strong enough dance component to distract people from dwelling on how self-indulgent my themed playlist really is. Here is the event page for any of you interested in coming out to our little soiree!

No comments:

Post a Comment