Monday, January 19, 2009

Hmm. . .

I was browsing iTunes yesterday and something strange occurred to me. Whether the phenomenon is new, or just something that I've never noticed, I'm not quite sure but it seems that many artists are releasing singles of songs that have already been released on full albums; which seems kind of redundant to me. I can understand the appeal of buying an EP with an already released song and one or more non-album tracks but what is the point of releasing a straight up ninety nine cent single for an already released song? Maybe this practice is a vestige of releasing vinyl singles but weren't those released before the complete album they were on? There are so many singles with either one old track or the old track plus a sub par remix of the original. I love B-sides so I'll still be combing itunes for singles and short EPs but now what I normally find are disappointing post-album singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment