Thursday, January 1, 2009

Expecting

With the arrival of the new year I've been thinking about what artists have been quiet in 2008 and who I'm waiting to hear from. One I am especially curious about is Daft Punk, who have not produced a normal studio album since Human after all in 2005. The release of Daft Punk's first live album, Alive 2007 , was very satisfying but it's not enough. Alive 2007 simply made me crave more original tracks and gave me false hope that a new studio album was imminent. Sort of in the same genre, electronic/dance, I'm also looking forward to some new material from LCD Soundsystem who have been strangely quiet since the release of Sound of Silver. The only news from them is a new single, not even on iTunes and an instrumental from 2006 that they recently made available in the iTunes US store called 45:33. It's a very long song with many movements that was commissioned by Nike; I recommend it to any hardcore fan of theirs. Lastly, I'm wondering what the White Stripes are doing; nothing from them since 2007 album Icky Thump. Of course I'm waiting for lots of new albums but these three artist have been TOO quiet.

Well hopefully 2009 will be a good year for music. I wish you and yours a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment