Thursday, January 8, 2009

Robots fucking in the middle of the Mini Mall


Ever since Dear Science came out I've been reminded once again of how good TV on the Radio is. I was able to get some of their older stuff, b-sides and bootlegs etc, and I dug up a really interesting concept album called OK Calculator. Self-released and distributed by band members, OK Calculator is a weird assortment of lo-fi demo tracks that vary in style and complexity.
There's an impressive amount of acapella singing on this album and none of the vocalists are afraid to make it freaky and discordant. Even though I really like it, some of the shit is on there just ridiculous, like Netti Fritti (just listen and you'll see what I mean). Amazing tracks include: On a train, Say you do, Hurt you, Freeway, Robots, and Bicycles are red hot. You might only be able to get this album via alternative methods. . . *cough cough bit torrent*

Awesome V

No comments:

Post a Comment