Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Keno is a punk rocker! Keno is a punk rocker!

On, the 15th of May I got to see local punk-rocker, Keno Sims, play with his band at Cactus Music and bought a copy of his latest EP What if harm's way was headed your way (which you can purchase at Cactus Music for a measly four bucks). Sims told us all that he was kind of hoarse from a show he played the night before and that the band was missing their bassist who got roughed up at the same show but despite the setbacks, the set still managed to excite me. His presence was great and the music had me tapping my foot and nodding my head all throughout the set. The EP was excellent too and I encourage all of you to pick it up and listen for yourselves. One of the things I like about the studio recordings is that the songs combine a fairly raw guitar sound with the occasional subtle synth or acoustic guitar. Sims' vocals also kind of remind me of TV on the Radio too (albeit more intense and punk). According to his Facebook Sim's first full LP Young Dilemma Young Delight is nearly done. I'll throw a review of that up on the blog once it comes out.






No comments:

Post a Comment