Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Latest Google Droid ad idiotic

I was watching episodes of "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!" on Adult Swim.com (yeah I know, what's wrong with me?) and I was forced to watch this ad before it loaded:


It informed me that the Google Droid is a superior phone because if I enter in human then it will look up contacts named human, locations called human and music I forgot I downloaded with the word human in it. I guess I was supposed to be impressed by these amazing technological feats but the commercial really left me with more questions than answers.

When the fuck would I ever need to look up human in that so many different ways? Why would I have someone named human on my contacts list? If I did then what nationality are they and how would I pronounce their name? Why would I want my phone found find a song by Tokio Hotel? Is that song on my phone? What the fuck is a song by Tokio Hotel doing on my phone in the first place?

In summation, this commercial is idiotic. It's kind of like the Bing search engine commercials where the user needs a problem solved that doesn't exist. Who is too dumb to use a regular search engine and pick out the relevant results? No one. The commercial just became distracting because it used a terrible example of the product solving a problem. Couple that with the dumb search query of "human" and you have a commercial that leaves me confused as to why I'd want the product it's advertising. I mean couldn't they have used a search query that could feasibly work for those three categories? They could have searched for the word Kent which is a town/city on multiple continents, a name a normal person might have, and I'm sure there are multiple bands that go by that moniker. But no, they decided to go the irrational route and chose human (I'm sure runners up were equally brilliant words like pancake and urethra). Someone should get fired over this dumbass commercial. Lame, weak, stupid, moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment