Sunday, March 28, 2010

New LCD Soundsystem single(s)

New York City's favorite, trendy, sophisticated, electronic band, LCD Soundsystem, fronted by James Murphy, has just put out a new single and it's making me excited because I think it might be foreshadowing the release of an upcoming album. Judging by the band's Facebook updates, they were recording earlier this year so hopefully this new single means the new LP is just around the corner. The single is called "Drunk Girls" and is a dancy, pop-length track written in Murphy's words about "drunk people and fun things and the fact that all of the boys of the L.A. mansion we recorded at were called 'the girls' by our chef. We were the ladies of the mansion" (courtesy of the pitchfork article). It doesn't blow me away or anything but it's definitely worthy of LCD Soundsystem's discography and should make a nice part of the so far unnamed new LP. It's got some of the entertaining, analytical, people-watching, type lyrics that I love to hear from Murphy but I bet the rest of the album will be even more compelling.

As I was writing this entry I found another new LCD Soundsystem single contained in the same article. It's repititive, fun, and reminds me of funky jams like "Us V. Them" from their latest album Sound of Silver from 2007. It's called pow pow.

No comments:

Post a Comment