Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tragic: Jay Reatard's death found to be drug related


For those of you who haven't been reading my blog (99.99999% of the Internet), I've been following the developing details of my favorite garage-punk rocker's, Jay Reatard, death. At first, no one knew what caused the sudden death of such a young, active, seemingly healthy musician when he was found dead in his Memphis home last month. I was really upset especially because I saw Jay preform in December, met him before the show, got his autograph and got to chat with him briefly. He was a really nice guy and the show was superb. Here's a link to the original blog entry and here's the review I wrote of the last album he released before he died, "Watch me fall".

It's been discovered by the coroner that unfortunately, Jay died from toxic levels of alcohol and cocaine in his blood. We'll all remember him for his excellent music and kickass performances
RIP Jay, we hardly knew ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment