Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting Ready for Some Magic

Here We Go Magic is coming to Houston tonight with White Rabbits and I must say that Here We Go Magic has really grown on me. I've reviewed their first album (self titled) album a month ago and I gave it kind of a lukewarm review but now that I've had more time to listen to the album, I like it a lot more. The only track I don't like is "Babyohbabyijustcantstanditanymore" because it's just two minutes of stupid, meaningless noise; there's nothing stimulating about it at all, for me. Other than that though, it's an interesting album. I'd even maybe call it a concept album due to the variety of different styles tried: you have instrumentals, less tonal tracks comprised of organized samples, fast paced songs, and slow folksy-sounding tracks. At any rate, I've decided to go see them after a month of thinking on it.

They've announced a new album called
Pigeons and you can download their new single "Collector"
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment